Background


Thursday, August 16, 2012

Imaginary Friends...

So, half of my kids had imaginary friends... and surprisingly enough, it was just my boys.  Camden got his when he was 4, the same as Peyton.  I'm not sure what's going on in their little lives at 4 years old that they need to have these imaginary friends- but I like it.

Camden's friend was an old man named "Horace."  He just appeared one day.  Camden would interact and play with old man Horace and I'll never forget our trip to Indiana for Christmas one year when apparently Horace failed to get into the car with us!  Camden was crying and I had to promise him that Horace would somehow find his way to Grandma's and Grandpa's.  That seemed to console my boy except he then worried because the next day was Saturday and that's when Horace went to church... which let me know that Horace was either Seventh Day Adventist or Jewish.

Little Camden...


Horace's departure was earth shattering to my little man.  It happened the night of Camden's Kindergarten graduation.  He came running out of his room BAWLING because Horace had died!  I was beside myself and had no idea of how to comfort this little guy, so I called my dad (a retired elementary principal) but unfortunately... this was a new one to him too!  So, we let Camden cry it out. He made Horace a headstone out of paper and he put a flower by it... and Horace was gone forever.



My boys goofing around!
Now Peyton has an Imaginary pet.  This one showed up while we where in Pensacola, FL this summer.  Now as any parent can imagine, when your little boy yells "Hey, Mom!  Look at my TURD!!" and you know for a fact that child is NOT in the bathroom... there is serious cause for concern!!  But, as luck would have it... He was holding his imaginary pet TURTLE named TURD!  Now Turd plays a daily part in Peyton's life.  He came on vacation with us to Myrtle Beach in what Peyton said was his favorite dinosaur swimsuit.  And since then we are being updated daily with different facts about Turd...







*Peyton is his Daddy.
*Turd's mommy "Passed Out" (died) but her name was Edith.
*Turd changes sizes... somedays he is as big as a sea turtle while other days he is very small- which I find very helpful when we travel!
*His favorite way to wear his hair is in a mohawk.
*Turd attends High School.
*His favorite song is "Someone That I Used to Know" by Gotye.


Myrtle Beach

   Now, I don't know why Peyton has an imaginary pet, or how this will all end... but I must say that I love the imagination of my boys and more importantly, the comedic value!  I think that we should all have Imaginary Friends... someone who is always there for us, that we never have to share with others, and of course... makes us LAUGH!



1 comment:

  1. oh my word...turd! too funny. i'm sure the girls will hear all about him...er it;)

    ReplyDelete